The big heart

I walked to the hospital from Shontanelle Road this morning
The sky looks darker,
The wind blows stronger,
And my thoughts fly across the nature.

I look at the sky, 
I close my eyes, 
I enjoy the scent of the wind,
And my heart grows fonder.

"O Allah, Your sky is so high,
Your earth is so wide,
But why my heart still feels insufficient,
Tho the duniya looks grand"

"O Allah, I know that, the duniya is so small in the eyes of the believers,
That they know, only You can fully attain their hearts,
So please, I beg you, 
Don't make me feel that this world is everything for me,
Rather than than just a place for a traveller,
To stop and haul what necessary,
Before she continues her journey to the Hereafter"

"O Allah, let me attach my heart to You,
And fill it with an-Nur,
For You will never leave me, 
Eventhough I am alone,
Don't let me fool myself,
And don't let me blind myself,
And fall into the deception of this temporary life"

I stop, 
And I smile,
For now I have a greater reason,
To continue my life,
Preciously.


Beaumont Hospital Library,
090315, 1004


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mitsaqon Gholizho

It has been quite some time

Dear Sumaiyah #1